Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Discharged


Just as my family arrived around 12 pm, the nurse came with my paperwork so I could leave.  I then tried to explain to them about how I had to go to the doctor’s office and I started crying because all I wanted to do was go home and lay around. I had been doing so well, I didn’t want to have any emergencies especially on the road. They then were trying to figure out how to get to the doctor’s since it was a different location than normal.  I was loaded up with a fresh pack of ice on my face and was wheeled out to the car.  The sun hurt my eyes a lot since I could not squint to block out the sun.  We arrived at the doctor’s office and they sent me back pretty quickly.  I think I was scaring the other people in the waiting room. I told them that my nose was stuffing up so the nurse came over with some rubbing alcohol to clean out the blood and gunk.  It felt a bit better. It was painful for them to pull on my lip to gain access to the molar than needed a new bracket.  It didn’t take as long as I thought but it was overall unpleasant.  Then they put extra elastics on and now I couldn’t be understood when I talked. 

Waiting in the doctor's office


Got home around 3 pm and was thirsty.  I lay on the couch the rest of the day and watched tv.  Started eating water and juice with the syringe.  I also started using the Afrin to try to open up my nose.  My husband made lamb with tsziki sauce and blended some up for me.  It smelled so good.  I squirted some in my mouth, hit my teeth and bounced right back out.  I was shocked!  Turns out with the splint which molds perfectly to the shape of the teeth, not all “liquids” can fit through.  Basically everything needed to be strained with a fine strainer. Defeated, I returned to juices and broth.


Menu (syringe only)

Fruit juice

Water

Chicken broth

Egg Nog